School’s out for summer! Kids around the house with hours to fill? HPB Summer Reading Camp is back and bigger than ever! Here’s what you need to know to participate:
1. Summer Reading Camp features four themes:
- June 1: Camp Creativity (arts and crafts)
- June 20: Camp Discovery (math and science)
- July 5: Camp Motion (sports and dance)
- July 18: Camp Imagination (music and drama)
2. Interested campers can visit hpb.com/summer to register and receive email updates on each new theme through June and July.
3. Campers can also visit their local HPB to receive a copy of the Summer Reading Camp Reward Trail and stickers, plus information on how to earn $5 Bookworm Bucks in June and July.
4. $5 Bookworm Bucks are available at local HPB stores from June 20 – July 1 and July 18 – August 1. Bookworm Bucks are good for $5 off anything in-store and campers can also earn extra in-store rewards by using their Summer Reading Camp Reward Trail to check off storytimes and other activities throughout the summer.
5. For campers who don’t live near a Half Price Books, there’s still a ton of Summer Reading Camp fun available! HPB kicks off each theme by providing downloadable content bundles including:
- Recommended reading lists inspired by each camp theme and divided into age groups: kids 0-2 years, 3-5 years, 6-8 years, and 9-12 years.
- Bookish play activity prompts, including in-depth craft tutorials, fun storytime ideas and additional kidlit book recommendations.
- Free printable coloring and activity pages, including a customizable All About Me page for campers to fill out with each new theme.
- A Summer Reading Log for campers to create and track their reading goals per camp theme.
- A Super Reader certificate for campers to earn at the end of each camp theme.
- A Camp Bingo game campers can play as they cross off camp-themed bucket list ideas.
- A Camp Nickname Generator, which matches campers’ birth month with their initials to create silly combinations (e.g. Fluffy Crayon for Camp Creativity; Itchy Bottle Rocket for Camp Discovery). Campers can print their nickname badges on sticker paper and fill them out to show their camp spirit!
6. Booklovers of all ages are welcome to participate in HPB’s Summer Reading Camp! Educators, bookstagrammers and community partners can encourage their students, audiences, and organizations to take part by downloading the digital content available at hpb.com/summer and tagging @halfpricebooks on social media.
7. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be happy to help.