2020 is a leap year, which means this February we get one extra day to read. If you’ve ever wanted to up your book reading from say, fifty a year to seventy-nine, then this list is just for you.
Here is a list of twenty-nine quick reads under 300 pages you can dive into on this extra day. They are a perfect mix of some old, some new, some blue, some yellow, some poetry, some self-help, some existential and everything in between.
So the real question is, how many of these can you knock out with your extra day?
1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
2. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3. The Sun And Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. The Origin Of Others by Toni Morrison
6. My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
7. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
8. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
9. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
10. The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
11. A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
12. The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
13. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
14. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
15. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
16. Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
17. Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
18. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
19. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
20. Fight Club by Chuck Palahnuik
21. Mile 81 by Stephen King
22. Look Both Ways: A Tale Told In Ten Blocks by Jason Reynolds
23. The Pearl by John Steinbeck
24. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
25. Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
26. Grand Union by Zadie Smith
27. The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
28. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
29. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
What are some of your favorite quick reads we missed?